Hazardous waste

tins of paint

Hazardous waste cannot be placed into your bins; it includes the following items:

  • paint
  • asbestos
  • electricals
  • chemicals
  • bug spray
  • garden weed killer
  • solvents

We are unable to accept hazardous waste as a kerbside collection or as a special collection.

How do I dispose of hazardous waste?

You can dispose of most hazardous waste at Norfolk County Council's Recycling Centres (tips) on waste event days. 

They will not accept asbestos so you will need to hire a specialist contractor to remove and dispose of this for you.