I need help with paying my Council Tax

Council Tax Assistance

Council Tax Assistance is a discount you can apply for if you are on a low income and liable to pay Council Tax.

You are liable to pay Council Tax if:

  • you are a tenant living in the property
  • the owner living in the property

Anyone over the age of 18 can be considered for a reduction in their Council Tax, however there may be other discounts or exemptions that you could apply for in addition.

Please check here for other exemptions to Council Tax

You can check eligibility and apply below, please contact us or apply as soon as possible as this will affect how much discount we can give you.

Broadland residents: check if you are eligible for a reduction in your Council Tax bill and apply

South Norfolk residents: Check if you are eligible for a reduction in your Council Tax bill. Please call us on the below contact telephone number to request an application form. 

Find out more about the Broadland Council Tax Assistance Scheme
Find out more about the South Norfolk Council Tax Assistance Scheme

Broadland Benefits Team

Telephone: 01603 430602

South Norfolk Benefits Team

Telephone: 01508 533633