What goes in your brown garden waste bin?
We offer a fortnightly collection of garden waste for residential properties throughout the year (excluding Christmas and New Year). We provide you with a brown wheelie bin to collect your waste in.
You can sign up for garden waste collection any time of the year.
Please note: we cannot accept invasive and non-native plants in the brown bin eg. Japanese knotweed, Giant hogweed, Himalayan balsam, Rhododendron ponticum.
The following can be put in your brown bin
We can accept:
- real Christmas trees
- holly, mistletoe, bouquets of flowers
- hedge clippings
- cut flowers
- twigs and small branches
- grass cuttings
- shrub prunings
- vegetable gardening waste - potato tops
We can't accept the following in your brown bin:
- asbestos and other DIY waste’
- christmas wreaths (unless all the plastic and metal has been removed)
- bagged garden waste
- food waste - meat, fruit and vegetables, liquids, teabags, eggshells
- paper, shredded paper, packaging or card
- plastic pots, trays or bags
- large items of garden waste - tree trunks
- animal bedding or waste