Energy Rebate Scheme

Frequently asked questions

I have appealed against my Council Tax Band, will I receive my Energy Rebate if I am successful?

No, if on 1 April 2022 the Council's records show your property is in bands ‘E’ – ‘H’ you will not be eligible, even if the Valuation Office subsequently reduce your band and backdate it prior to 1st April 2022.

Where can I find out more information?

More information about the £150 Energy Rebate Scheme, as well as other ways the government is helping with rising energy costs, is available on the website.

GOV.UK – Millions to receive £350 boost to help with rising energy costs

I’m not in a Council Tax bands ‘A’ to ‘D’, but I still need help…

There will be some further discretionary funding available to help households who do not qualify under the main scheme. The Councils are designing a scheme to support households using that funding and will publish the scheme on this webpage. 

This may include properties valued in Bands ‘E’ – ‘H’ that are on income related benefits and those where the energy bill payers are not liable for council tax but are on a low income.

How do I claim for a Discretionary Fund payment?

The Councils will publish details further on the website once the scheme has been agreed.  You may need to claim through an online application process towards the end of April. 

Energy Rebate Team

Our team is very busy so please be patient when you call.

Telephone: 01603 369757

Energy Rebate Team - South Norfolk

Telephone: 0808 178 7141