Getting help

young woman looking worried and talking to someone for support

The Help Hub works with partners to get you the right help, whatever the situation.

This includes:

COVID-19 and self-isolation

We understand that the current COVID-19 crisis can impact all aspects of life, and are here to support our residents through these challenging times. For more information on support available, visit our coronavirus information page.

Afghan refugee support

If you would like to donate or volunteer your time to help and support the resettlement of Afghan's in Norfolk, you can find out how to do so here.

If you have a whole property that could house an Afghan refugee family, please email or call 01508 533893. Landlords who come forward can claim up to £1,000, to help get properties decorated and furnished.

Help in your community

You may be experiencing loneliness and isolation, have moved into a new area or you may simply want do new things and meet new people. The Help Hub can support you to access a range of support services, groups and activities in your local community.

Money worries and debt

The Help Hub can offer support through our welfare and debt service and we can also link you up with a range of resources to help you manage your finances.  


The Help Hub can work with you to make sure you are claiming the right support to remain independent. We can also sometimes help you challenge a decision you feel is wrong.

Relationships and domestic abuse

If you are concerned about yours or a loved one’s relationship, it's important to get advice and support to stay safe.

We work with a number of partner services across Broadland and South Norfolk. If you are experiencing domestic abuse, or are concerned you might be, then the Help Hub can help you get the right support.

Click here for more information on our website around domestic abuse.

Bullying and cyberbullying

Bullying and abuse can happen anywhere – at school, at home, in your workplace or online cyberbullying. If you or experiencing any form of bullying or know someone who is, it's important to get advice and support to stay safe. The Help Hub works with a number of charities and agencies to ensure you get the right support.

Wellbeing and health

The Help Hub can support you to access the right services or activities to support your physical and mental health and wellbeing. We work with a range of partners in health services and our communities.

Employment and training

If you are unemployed, or worried you might be soon, or if you have been made redundant, looking for a career change or leaving further education with no employment in place, our work4all service can help make your next step easier.


If your situation changes and you find yourself in need of alternative housing, are made homeless, or require adaptations to enable you to remain within your home, we work with a number of partners who can help facilitate this.

Handyperson service

Simple adaptions to the home can make a huge difference to the health and wellbeing of our older and most vulnerable residents.

Our handyperson service helps people to stay living independently in their homes for longer. We can help with hand rails, key safes, smoke alarms, works to prevent slips and falls and small home improvements which can improve people’s quality of life.

For our South Norfolk residents, please complete our online handyperson request form to make an enquiry.

For our Broadland residents, please call our Housing Standards Team on 01603 430518.

If your work is more urgent, or if you require more extensive home adaptations and improvements, then a variety of traders can be found through the Norfolk County Council's Trusted Trader Scheme.

Families and children

The Help Hub can help you to access support and resources in the community, and a variety of services to support young families and children to maintain a happy and healthy lifestyle.

If you have any serious concerns about the safety or wellbeing of a young person or child, go to our web page for more information around safeguarding concerns, or if you would like to speak to someone, contact Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 or visit the Norfolk County Council website.

If you consider the incident to be an emergency, call 999.

Get help

To get help with any of these issues, or with any other problems:

Complete a request for support form

  • For Broadland District Council call 01603 430431 or email
  • For South Norfolk Council call 01508 533933 or email

Our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:15am until 10pm (excluding bank holidays)

Emails will be monitored within office hours of Monday to Friday 8am until 5pm (excluding bank holidays)