Difficulty paying your Council Tax bill

If you experience any difficulty in paying your Council Tax it is important that you contact us as soon as possible.

You may be entitled to a discount or exemption to reduce your Council Tax bill. Alternatively if you are on a low income you may be eligible for Council Tax Assistance which could help to reduce the amount of Council Tax you have to pay.

If you have been issued with a reminder notice or summons please contact us so we can assess your financial situation and discuss the payment options available to you. If necessary, we may be able to refer you to our own specialist debt adviser for further help and advice.

Enforcement agents

If you have been visited by an enforcement agent in relation to outstanding Council Tax you should, in the first instance, contact them directly to discuss the debt using the appropriate link below:

Advisory services and budget planning

Access the free Personal Budget Planner from the Money Advisory Service.

Additionally if you require further help, these organisations offer free, independent, financial advice:

Depending on which district the property is located, please also look at the information about offer of payments.

Information about Broadland District Council offer of payment

Information about South Norfolk Council offer of payment