Health and Wellbeing Partnerships
Health and Wellbeing Partnerships were formed to bring together colleagues from district and county councils, wider voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations, health services, and other partners who contribute to the wider factors of health (social, economic, and environmental factors). With prevention at their heart, they focus on the local population’s health and wellbeing and addressing health inequalities.
Many of the wider factors of health are influenced heavily by the statutory and support functions of district councils. It is widely agreed that these influence our ability to live healthily and well, more than health care. Positioning the Health and Wellbeing Partnerships on district boundaries gives us the best possible opportunity of supporting our residents to live happier, healthier lives.
The partnerships feed into the Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care System (ICS). The ICS exists to help the people of Norfolk and Waveney live longer, healthier, and happier lives. Their three goals are:
- To make sure people can live as healthy a life as possible
- To make sure that you only have to tell your story once.
- To make Norfolk and Waveney the best place to work in health and care
The South Norfolk and Broadland Health and Wellbeing Partnerships met for the first time in June 2022 and have already delivered an exciting programme of work over the last year, funded by the Better Care Fund and Covid Recovery Funding.
- The Broadland Health and Wellbeing Partnership is Chaired by Councillor Natasha Harpley, Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Communities and Housing
- The South Norfolk Health and Wellbeing Partnership is Chaired by Councillor Kim Carsok, Portfolio Holder for Healthy and Active Lifestyles
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategies, found below, detail our three priority delivery areas:
- Access and prevention
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Resilient and healthy communities
Action statements are stated in the strategies, and our ambition for co-production to play a key role in defining the programme of work. With an impressive range of partners committed to driving outcomes, we are excited to see what they achieve!
If you require an accessible version of either strategy, please email your request to email@example.com.