What goes in your rubbish bin?
Find out about what you can put in your rubbish bin, how to request an additional bin and how to reduce your waste.
Please ensure all loose ash, cat litter or vacuum bag contents are contained in a bag before going in your rubbish bin. This will prevent it being blown onto the road when the bin is emptied.
What can't I put in my rubbish bin?
We can't accept the following items:
- garden waste
- DIY waste including wood - you can take DIY materials to your local Norfolk County Council recycling centres, find out where your nearest recycling centre is located
- liquid paint, oils, fertilizers
- large items such as furniture
- hot ash or loose ash (please wrap up)
- sharps such as needles
- fluorescent tubes/gas bottles
- large electrical items – you can take electrical items to your local Norfolk County Council recycling centres or our reuse and recycling events free of charge
- hazardous and clinical waste
- recycling - you should not put items in your rubbish bin that can be recycled, find out what you can put in your recycling bin
- garden waste - your garden waste can be:
- commercial waste - you must not put waste which comes from a business in the household rubbish bin. We offer a specialist commercial waste collection service
For some Broadland residents - Food waste - please use your kitchen waste bin for this instead.