There may be several reasons why your bin was missed so please check that none of the points below apply to you before reporting your bin as missed.
Missed collections must be reported to us within 48hrs of the bin collection day. We will not return for any bins reported after this.
We will not return to bins where the crew have reported one or more of the below:
- Bin not out - bins must be placed out for collection by 6:30am, bins can be collected at any time of the day until 4pm. There is not a guaranteed time the bin will be collected each week during the collection day.
- Bin not accessible - bins should be presented for collection on or by the edge of the public highway and visible from the road. Crews will not go onto your property to retrieve your bin unless you have an assisted collection in place.
- Lid up - bin lids must be fully closed to enable a safe collection. The council reserves the right to refuse collection if the bin lid is raised.
- Any form of contamination - the bin at your property must not be contaminated, please check what can go in your rubbish bin, what can go in your recycling bin and what can go in your garden bin for what can and cant go in the bin. Alternatively you can also check on the bin app. To download the app click your district council: Broadland, South Norfolk.
- Side waste - side waste is not regarded as a missed bin and will need to be placed in the bin for the next collection:
- Recycling - This must be in a clear sack or recyclable container that easily fits inside the bin. The items must be clean, dry and no glass or breakables should be in the side waste as this should be placed in the bin. Please be aware that side waste is only collected on occasions and although the crew will always try to take recycling side waste it may be they are unable to take this due to being near capactiy on the lorry. This is decided by the crews and the decision is final.
- Broadland District Council - side waste is not taken under any circumstances.
- South Norfolk Council - side waste will on occasion be collected at a maximum of two additional bags. Please be aware the crews may be unable to take additional waste due to being near capacity on the lorry. This is decided by the crews, this decision is final.
If you still believe that your bin has been missed then please let us know.
If you are unsure which district you fall under, please check your local council before submitting the form below.
We ask all residents place their property name/number onto all their bins to enable our crews to correctly identify which property the bin belongs to. This can be done using stickers or permanent marker. This will ensure a more efficient service and we thank you for your cooperation.