Article 4 directions

If you live somewhere that has an "Article 4 direction", you will require planning permission for certain development where normally it wouldn't be needed.

The Article 4 directions are listed out separately for Broadland and South Norfolk. A number of the Directions apply to sites within the Broads area.

         Article 4 directions Broadland                                               Article 4 directions South Norfolk 

If you live in any of these areas and wish to make changes to your property, please contact us, or the Broads Authority where appropriate, to discuss your plans and find out what to do next.

Article 4 directions are only in place where it is necessary to protect local amenity or the well being of an area.