Mobile home and caravan sites

Sites where mobile homes can be stationed are protected or unprotected.

  • protected sites have planning permission that allow people to live on the site all year round. These sites are also known as park home sites.
  • unprotected sites only have permission for holiday use, although some people may live there for most of the year.

If you are thinking of setting up a caravan or mobile home site, you must obtain planning permission first. To find out more about planning applications in your area, visit our planning pages. Once this is granted, you can apply for a mobile home and caravan site licence. Your site will be inspected and conditions set, which will depend on the site and location, before a licence is granted.

If you want to find out more about mobile home and caravan sites in your local area, please select your council below.

Broadland area
South Norfolk area

To complete a caravan site application, download the form.