Broadland Disabled Facilities Grant
Healthy Home Loan
Broadland residents are also able to apply for a Healthy Homes Loan.
More accidents happen in the home than in the workplace and it is the job of the Housing Standards and Care and Repair Officers to ensure people live in healthy and safe homes. When we visit your home, for whatever reason, we ensure that your property is free from hazards that could cause harm to you or a visitor.
In order to qualify for the loan, the property must be:
- owner occupied
- categorised to have at least one category 1 hazard using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
What is a category 1 hazard?
A category 1 hazard has the potential risk of immediate serious harm to your health and safety which arises from a deficiency in your home. This might be as a result of the construction of the building, or through a lack of maintenance and repair. It might be that our handyperson service is able to help you.
If you receive of one or more of the benefits below, you could be eligible for full assistance for a Healthy Homes Loan for eligible works up to a value of £15,000. This fee includes an administration fee of £500 + VAT, interest will be added to the loan amount until it is repaid:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- guaranteed Pension Credit
- Employment Support Allowance (income related)
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit where annual income is below £16,010
- Child Tax Credit where annual income is below £16,010
- Council Tax reduction (not including single occupancy discount)
If you do not receive of one of the above, you will be means tested to assess how much you need to contribute towards the cost of the work.