Go For It Grant
If you are passionate about an activity, project or interest, then we want to hear from you. There is up to £300 waiting to help you get your idea up and running in your local community.
What is a Go For It Grant?
The grants give funding for not-for-profit projects that bring communities together and encourage people to take part. All you have to do is complete an application and tell us how you plan to do it.
What will Go For It Grants support?
Applications will be considered for projects that:
- encourage residents to come together in positive and supportive ways
- inspire people to get active, participate and fulfil their potential
- promote and support health and well-being in the community
- provide innovative activities that respond to local needs
What can a Go For It Grant be spent on?
Grant money can be spent on anything you need to get your idea off the ground. This could include equipment purchase/hire, venue hire, promotional materials and transport. You will need to research the costs of your project accurately to apply.
Who can apply?
Grants are available to both informal groups of residents (at least three people) and 'formally constituted voluntary groups'. Applicants must be South Norfolk residents or voluntary groups that are able to meet the following criteria:
- operate within South Norfolk area on a not-for-profit basis
- can provide a clear statement of aims and objectives
- can show their ability to manage and deliver the project or activity
- can show how they will manage their finances and keep good financial records
- accept the principle of equal opportunities and can demonstrate their commitment to inclusiveness within their project.
- you don't need to be over 18 to apply, groups of young people can to apply too
What do Go For It Grants not support
Go For It Grants cannot support:
- retrospective funding (activities that have already happened)
- activities that duplicate what is already provided or commissioned by the council, unless demand cannot be met
- social excursions outside Norfolk
- paid staff costs
- any overseas activity
- activities restricted solely to any group's existing membership
- political or religious activities
- organisational or running costs not directly related to the specific project activities
The Go For It Grant is not a business start up grant. if you are looking to start a business please visit the business grant and funding webpage or contact the economic development team.
How to apply
If you need any help or have any questions, please contact us on the details below.