Report suspected fraud

If you think someone is claiming any benefits that they have no right to, you should report this to the Department of Work and Pensions. 

This is done online and can be for benefits such as Housing Benefit, Universal Credit or any other state benefits. If you are not sure what kind of fraud it is you can still report it here on the GOV.UK website.

We are only permitted to investigate reports of suspected fraud that relate to Council Tax or Business Rates. If you think someone is claiming a discount, exemption or relief for Council Tax or Business Rates which they're not entitled to please let us know - by using the contact details below.

We will need to know:

  • the full names of the people involved
  • their home or trading address
  • a description of the people or organisation involved
  • what type of fraud you think they are committing
  • a description of any vehicles they may own
  • names of any other people living at their address
  • information about their employer if you think they are working

Don't worry if you don't know the answers to some of these, however the more information you can give us the more we can do.

You can email us the details or call us anonymously if you'd prefer, using the details below.

Telephone: 01603 430604