Privacy notice for Customer Panel and surveys
What this document is for
This privacy notice provides details on how we, Broadland District Council and South Norfolk Council (“the councils”), use your personal information for the purposes of forming and administering a ‘customer panel’ and consulting the customer panel by way of surveys.
By ‘use’ we mean the various ways it may be processed, including storing and sharing the information.
The Councils are what is known as ‘Joint Data Controllers’ for your data.
- your rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (the UK GDPR) and
- how to exercise them
What we use your information for
South Norfolk and Broadland Councils will use your information to:
- contact you by your preferred means to request you to provide feedback on services in order to improve/test the services we provide and on future needs and priorities
- administer and maintain your inclusion on the customer panel
- select panel members to participate in surveys to ensure a representative cross-section of our customers
- if authorised by you, to provide you results of surveys you have taken part in
- ifauthorised by you, to enter you into the prize draw incentives offered in relation to research participation via the panel.
- if authorised by you, to invite you to participate in further research such as snap polls, online discussion forums, focus groups, telephone interviews or other appropriate research activities.
- if authorised by you, to contact you by your preferred contact method (email or phone) in order to request further information on completed surveys.
What personal data we collect and use about you
We will collect and use the following information in relation to yourself:
- your name
- preferred Contact Information - this could include, property address, email address, and telephone number(s)
- confirmation you are over 18 years old
- village you reside in and District Council you access services from
- optional data requested includes ethnicity, local services you are interested in, age range, gender, accessibility or mobility condition, employment circumstances
Who provides this information
We receive this information from you, when you complete the form to be added to the customer panel.
How we share your information
We will not share your personal data with any outside third parties and it will only be used internally, by the Councils.
No personal data will be shared with internal departments. Your feedback will be anonymised for the purposes of supplying feedback to the service areas.
How the law protects you and the legal basis for processing your information
We have legal grounds under Article 6 (1) (a) of the UK GDPR to process this information and rely on your consent.
How long will we keep your personal information for
We will retain relevant details required to administer the customer panel until you notify us that you no longer wish to be a member of the panel by emailing email@example.com or by writing to Customer Services, South Norfolk Council, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2XE. You can also ask us at any point to remove any optional personal data supplied (as detailed above) about yourself by contacting us via the above methods.
The responses you provide to customer panel surveys will be identifiable to you for no longer than 3 months following the closure of your customer panel survey response. After this time, the responses will be anonymised and retained ten years.
How we keep your information
The information is stored electronically, on the Councils’ network including records management systems.
Changes to this notice
We may amend this privacy notice at any time so please review it frequently. The date below will be amended each time this notice is updated.
This notice was updated in January 2022.