Energy Rebate Scheme
The Discretionary Fund
This fund is open to anyone in Broadland or South Norfolk who is having difficulty paying their energy bills .
You do not have to be in receipt of benefits to apply, you just need to be able to show us that you are struggling to pay.
If you do not have sufficient evidence for this, however, please still complete the application form and a member of staff will contact you to see how we can help.
Households are able to apply even if they have already received an Energy Rebate payment.
Before you apply
- Check you're eligible according to the criteria listed below or because you have recieved a letter from our Housing and Benefits Team.
- You will need to register for an account on the Grant Approval website (you will be invited to register or log into your account once you click the 'Apply now' button)
- Know your property's Council Tax reference number before you apply
Residents in Broadland and South Norfolk who are not eligible for a payment under the core scheme will be considered for support via the discretionary fund if they fall into one of the following categories:
If the customer can satisfy the Council that they fulfil the following criteria, there will be no further assessment required:
- they are in receipt of an income related benefit: All income related benefit administered by the Department for Work and Pensions, Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Assistance
- they are a care leaver
- they are a Veteran
- they are on the Council held list for ‘Warm Homes’ assistance
If the customer can satisfy the Council they have gross household earnings of less than the Minimum Income Standards earnings level, as per the Joseph Rowntree Trust report:
- £34,800 for a family
- £27,400 for a couple with no children
- £20,400 for a single person
Gross earnings means the total amount of earnings after work expenses have been deducted but before any deductions by the employer for tax, national insurance or pensions.
If the customer can satisfy the Council they have current or imminent fuel hardship.
A more thorough investigation by the officer will be required in these circumstances.