Tots2Teens summer family challenge
To be eligible to attend sessions, children must live or go to school in the Broadland District Council area.
This summer marks 30 years since Tots2Teens holiday activities club began. Over the years we have looked after animals, learnt how to cook, made puppets and even tried archery and axe throwing! To celebrate 30 years of fun, we are inviting children and young people to complete our 30 things challenge this summer with their families.
We are challenging you to look through the list below, complete the activities as a family (children and young people may need support from an adult for some of the challenges), fill in the blank spaces and email us a picture of your completed challenge sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you did. The deadline for completing the challenge and sending in a picture is Monday 5 September 2022.
All children and young people who complete the 30 things challenge by the deadline will receive a goody pack containing activities to try and discounts for local attractions and clubs, as well as a badge and money off voucher for our Tots2Teens activities running in October half term. The Tots2Teens brochure for October half term will be released on Friday 23 September 2022 with booking lines opening at 9am on Monday 26 September 2022.
By completing all 30 challenges in this summer family challenge, you will also complete the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Norfolk Challenge Award and will receive a badge and certificate to treasure.
30 Things summer family challenge
For help and ideas for how to complete each challenge, please see below.
- Find the T-Rex designed by Broadland District Council that features in the GoGoDiscover trail in Norwich. What is its name?
- Do something nice for someone else. What did you do?
- Have a picnic. Where did you go?
- Write a story about a child on their summer holidays. What do they get up to?
- Make a bird feeder. What did you put in it?
- Read a new book. What did you read?
- Go on a walk with your family. Where did you go?
- Try a new food. What did you try?
- Make a summer holiday memory jar. What was one of the summer memories you've included in your jar?
- Decorate a stone and leave for someone to find. Where did you leave it?
- Help out with a job at home. What did you do?
- Make a quiz on a subject of your choice. What was your quiz about?
- Think of a TV program, book or podcast that you have seen, read or listened to recently. Write a review for it including what you liked, what could have been better and if you would recommend it. What did you review?
- Make breakfast for your family. What did you have?
- Look online for zoo's or aquariums that have cameras in their enclosures. Which animal was your favourite to watch?
- In your garden, the park or woods, look carefully for minibeasts. What did you find?
- Draw a portrait. Who did you draw?
- Play a board game. What did you play?
- Create an obstacle course and challenge family or friends to complete it. What did you use to create the obstacles?
- Birdwatch either in your garden or at the park. What birds did you see?
- Find out about the Royal Coat of Arms in Great Britain, design one for your family. What was important for you to include?
- Try a new activity. What did you try?
- Make up a dance routine. What song did you dance to?
- Look up at the sky and watch the clouds. What shapes did you see?
- Learn 10 words in a new language. What language did you learn?
- Visit a woodland. What trees can you see?
- Make an outside space more animal friendly. What did you do?
- Research the area you live in. What was one new thing you found out?
- Catch up with the coverage of the Platinum Party at the Palace. What was your favourite bit?
- Design and complete a postcard to a friend or family member telling them about somewhere you have been this summer. What did you write about?
Tots2Teens is a holiday club based within the Broadland district which runs throughout every school holiday for children aged 5 to 16 years old. Find out more about Tots2Teens and register your family.
If you want more information contact us using the details below:
Telephone: 01603 430525