Love Local Spend Local prize draw terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1. Free prize draw (the promotion) description: opportunity to enter the free draw to win one of two £50 vouchers to be spent at your favourite place to eat out, of your choice.
2. The organiser of the promotion is Broadland District and South Norfolk Council (The Council).
3. The promotion is open to residents of Broadland and South Norfolk districts, aged 18+, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of the Council and all those professionally associated with this promotion. Immediate family includes parent, parent-in-law, son, son-in-law, daughter, daughter-in-law, step-parent, stepson, step-daughter, brother or sister, wife or husband.
4. The £50 voucher is for one winner in the Broadland District Council area and one winner in the South Norfolk Council area.
5. To participate in and enter the draw, post a comment nominating your favourite local independent shop underneath the pinned posts on Broadland District Council and South Norfolk Council Facebook pages
6. Internet access and a valid social media account are required.
7. Only comments submitted by a valid social media account will be accepted. All winning entries are subject to verification.
8. The start date for the draw participation period is 00:01 on Friday 1 July 2022 and the close time is 30 July 2022 at 23.59pm.
9. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is available in whole or in part.
10. The two winners will be notified by direct message from the Council the following day.
11. The two winners have 14 days to respond to the message stating they have won. If they do not respond within this time, a new winner will be chosen at random.
12. The voucher will be supplied to each winner in person on a date to be agreed.
13. The Council reserves the right to replace the voucher with a similar alternative.
14. The Council cannot be held responsible for any expenses or events as a result of accepting the voucher prize.
15. The Council reserves the right to close the Promotion at any point before the closing date 24 May 2022 at 23.59pm.
17. The Council reserves the right at its sole discretion to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these conditions or the spirit of the Promotion.
18. Sometimes, through reasons outside of the Council’s control, the website or social media profiles may not be accessible. The Council cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the website or social media profiles. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering, claiming or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Council will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
19. The Council does not assume any responsibility or liability for: communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this Promotion; inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof; insofar as permitted by law, any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion; any action an entrant may take as a result of any information provided by the Council in relation to the promotion or for any loss or damage suffered by an entrant as a result of taking that action.
20. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize will be void.