The corgis came to Broadland!
The seven Corgis, designed and created by Tin House Arts, were placed around the district for everyone to admire through the Summer of the Platinum Jubilee year.
- Betty was at Blickling Hall, Blickling NR11 6NF - where you can explore the beautiful estate or stop for lunch at one of the many venues such as The Bucks Arms, The Old Tearooms or The Conservatory. You can even plan afternoon tea at Biddy's Team Room, and if visiting on a Friday, visit Aylsham Country Market for baked goods, plants, flowers and local produced.
- Crumpet lived on the River Green, Thorpe St Andrew, NR7 0AA - plenty of water sports activities to try out on the river such as Broadland Paddle Sport and Canoe Club or hire a boat at Bishy Barney Boats. You can also stop for a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants such as Harley's Café, Rushcutter Arms, The Oak and Bar Terrace or the River Garden.
- Cookie resided at Old Catton Recreation Ground, NR6 7DS - At Old Catton Park you can play on the park or visit Funky's for roller skating fun and a bite to eat or stop for lunch at Kenny's Kafe.
- Pumpkin spent the summer at Lower Common, Coltishall - Where you can grab yourself some lunch at one of Coltishall's eateries at either The Rising Sun, The Red Lion, No 77 Café or A Piece of Cake. You can also make a day of it and visit Hautbois Activity Centre for an adventurous activity day (booking in advance is required).
- Conker was at Whitwell and Reepham Railway, NR10 4GA- You can visit the historic station as well as the recreation ground and have lunch at The Dial House, King's Arms or visit the beautiful garden at The Bircham Centre.
- Winnie lived at The Walled Garden, NR13 5FA in Little Plumstead - Whilst here you can enjoy lunch or a beverage in the café, visit the community shop and take a walk around the walled garden. If you want to make a day of it, you can also visit Pirate Island Adventure Golf, for a fun-themed crazy golf session.
- Susan was by the river at Reedham Ferry Inn, NR13 3HA - Where there’s plenty to do! For a fun day out. Visit Pettitt's Animal Adventure for an action-packed day with the kids, stop for fish and chips or a pub lunch at The Ship Reedham or Reedham Ferry Inn. Something for everyone!
Three of the corgi's sat along the Jubilee Traveller's Charm trail, a free trail across Broadland created to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Four of the Corgi Sculptures will be auctioned for the Chairman's Charity in 2023. Details of the auction are to be released soon!